St. Francis Xavier Catholic Academy is a PreK(3) through 8th Grade school. We welcome inquiries from prospective parents and guardians.
In the world class environment of the Catholic faith, the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Academy is a community which serves students from various backgrounds. Our goal is to prepare them to become productive citizens by nourishing their spiritual growth, developing academic and personal excellence through inquiry, and teaching reliance on God and their inner strengths.
- Ninth Annual Archdiocesan Music Program Award of Excellence – Advanced Band (2011)
- AdvancED Accreditation through 2016
- Algebra Prep program begins in grades 3-5 with hands-on equations and the introduction of Algebra I in 7th and 8th grade.
- Chess Program and Equestrian Book Club — Tai Chi–
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Afterschool Program
- Title I Program in Reading and Math for DC residents.
- Very supportive Home School Association headed by Mrs. Sonya Butler as HSA President.
Sports: Basketball, Flag Football (Boys) and Tennis.
Activities: Advanced Band, Chorus, Creative Writing, Dance, Drawing/Painting, Gardening, Student Newspaper, Theater/Drama, Chess.
Foreign Language: Spanish
High Schools: Our recent graduates are attending the following high schools:
St. Mary’s Ryken
We require uniforms and offer before care and after care. Regular classroom hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuition: (2013-2014): $5,905 per child. We offer tuition assistance and participate in the Opportunity Scholarship Program. Consortium of Catholic Academies 2013-2014 tuition rates
Application Process: Prospective parents visit the school and meet with our principal, Harold L. Thomas. Parents who would like to apply can complete our application below.
Consortium of Catholic Academies 2013-2014 Tuition Policy
Contact: For more information, please contact Harold L. Thomas, principal, at 202-581-2010.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-32661386-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);